Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: All this tattoo talk!!!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Agent5556's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 2nd, 2004
    Posts
    170
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have been looking for a tattoo for a long time now. I know what I want and how I want it done. I want it in all black and grey. I really like Kat Von D's work. She is really big on the black and grey tatts. I am sure that there are tons of great black and white tatt artists out there. I would love to find an artist in my area or with in a few hours who specializes in art like her's. I am not in any sort of rush and I am will to wait for GREAT work, not just good work. So my question is...does anybody know of a good website to start research? I mean research on artists, not tattoos. Thanks

  2. #2
    Inactive Member rmavis's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 8th, 2005
    Posts
    350
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Steadfastpunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 9th, 2004
    Posts
    474
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ive been getting tattooed by Kat for the last 7 years. She is amazing. What area are you from?

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Agent5556's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 2nd, 2004
    Posts
    170
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am in Washington Dc. I think she is in San Diego Cali, right??? I travel a lot. But I have not been out to Cali in a few months and when I do get out there its to Monterey. I would be interested to see the work.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member tattguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 18th, 2005
    Posts
    107
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    hey if you have your heart set on a tat from kat then go for it. but,there are lots of good black and gray artists on the east coast. i'm sure there are plenty in your neck of the woods. go into shops in your area and ask to look at portfolios. also when you see someone walking around with good work ask them polietly where they got it.
    for my money the best two black and gray guys at the moment are bob tyrel ( spelling?) and robert hernandez.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Agent5556's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 2nd, 2004
    Posts
    170
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    See thats what I am talking about. I am sure there are alot of GREAT artists out there who do black and grey other than kat. I just like here style and its a place to start from. I know nothing about tatts so I am just asking around. I will check out the two guys you mentioned. Thanks for the help.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Love_Pain's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2006
    Posts
    427
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I agree with your research, that's for sure. I would hate to go and get a spur of the moment tattoo from some fuckhead that I don't even know. Cause I know I would wake up in the morning and be like...what the hell did I do? So I'm with you. I want to get a Celtic cross on my arm, but I want it done from a good source, and by someone who knows what they are doing (both with tattos and with celtic symbols.) Let me know what you find.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member ghosty's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 6th, 2002
    Posts
    184
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You might also want to keep your eye out for tatto conventions (not sure that's the exact word but you know what I mean). Good way to see and talk to a number of different artists who aren't limited to your immediate area. I go to a guy in SF even though I live in FL. It would be nice to find someone closer but, then again, it keeps me from getting anything on impulse.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Agent5556's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 2nd, 2004
    Posts
    170
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Does anybody know any good tattoo web forums? I want to really make sure I do good research. I think the best way to do it would be to get on a board like this one about tattoos. I am sure they are out there. I looked at the two artists above and I really like Bob Tyrell's work and Kat Van D. I don't want to stop there I would love to find someone who does work like theirs closer to Washington Dc.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •